Beer market of Kazakhstan acquired both traits of East European countries and South Eastern Asia taking a transitional position between them by many criteria and consumption style. Yet there is a positive trend in beer production which differs Kazakhstan from most of the neighboring countries. The market has remained consolidated in the hands of two international players because of its small size. However, it faces dynamic processes such as fast growth of draft beer sales, up and downs of regional companies and Carlsberg Group’s ultimate expansion. Excessive mainstream segment has declined over the recent years, yet, Zhigulevskoe and national brands with regional links have yielded their positions to a range of new products. In our review special attention was paid to regional analysis of the markets. In 14 regions of Kazakhstan we compared the companies’ positions, the market price segmentation and DIOT channel development. Besides we have compared the beer market of Kazakhstan to neighboring countries. ...
Beer market of Russia 2018
- General market picture
- Foreign trade setting records
- Demography as challenge to branding
- Aged consumer
- Declining of youth brands
- Nostalgia on trend
- DIOT feels at home
- 5.0 Original is the new face of import
- Positions of Market Leaders
- Carlsberg Group
- AB InBev Efes
- AB InBev
Ukrainian beer market 2018
- Better than yesterday
- Performance by value
- Positions of Ukrainian brewers
The beer market dynamics in Russia is approaching zero, yet major brewers are divided into those who developed considerably in 2017 and those who considerably reduced their volumes. For instance, company Efes has managed to substantially extend their sales due to restrained pricing policy and activity in the modern trade. Heineken has also demonstrated an excellent performance promoted by significant increase of advertisement budgets launching a non-alcohol sort of the title brand and unusual activity in the economy market segment. Carlsberg and AB InBev have been focusing on margins and lost a market share of their inexpensive brands. Serious dependence on PET package and mass enthusiasm about Zhigulevskoe have negatively impacted the most of big regional brewers, that have been for the first time pressed by the leaders in the key sales channels, especially in Volga and Central regions. In the small business there has been a noticeable slowdown in appearing of new restaurant breweries, yet the number of craft breweries has been growing rapidly. In 2018, the beer market is likely to grow a little, while the share of AB InBev Efes may decrease due to the integration. ...
Russians Consumed about 10% of Dark Kozel More Than Last Year
In Russia, they consumed about 10% more than last year
Out of all countries of the former Soviet Union, the sales are the highest in Russia, where they consumed nearly 600,000 hectolitres of Dark Kozel during the last 12 months. And the popularity of dark beer is still on the rise. During the last two years, the sale share of the brand in stores doubled comparing to other beer brands. The number of distribution points in Russia carrying Dark Kozel has risen too. That brought with it a 10% rise in consumption comparing to the same period of the last year. Besides Russia, Velk? Popovice beer is doing great in other post-Soviet countries as well.
The popularity of Dark Kozel in Finland
Good news for Velk? Popovice brewery also comes in rise in popularity on other European markets. Finland is the second largest market for Dark Kozel right after Czech Republic where we drink about 12 million Dark Kozel beers a year. Nearly 2.5 million beers made of the special mixture of dark hops are exported there. "Kozel is the most popular ‘non-domestic' brand in Finland, and it represents the symbol of the whole category of dark beers for them," said Vladim?r Van?k, Velk? Popovice Kozel Brand Manager.
Dark Kozel is exported to three continents
In total, Dark Kozel is exported to 30 countries on three continents. There are seven new export destination countries that were inspired by the commercial success of the beer in other countries. Israel, Azerbaijan, and South Korea are some new exotic destinations. The biggest sale rise is recorded in Switzerland, but far-east countries such as Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, and Korea are quickly closing in.
Velk? Popovice Kozel takes home trophies from beer competitions
The Dark Kozel's success abroad is no matter of luck. In Czech Republic, Velk? Popovice Dark Kozel is the leading player on the market of dark beers, and its qualities are supported by numerous successes on all kinds of competitions. It took home gold medals from International Beer Championship in Australia, and International Quality Competition Monde Selection in Belgium. Last year, it added a silver medal in category of dark beers from International Beer Competition Australian International Beer Awards.
Notes for editors:
- In Velk? Popovice brewery, the first batch of beer was brewed on December 15, 1874, and just one year later, 18,000 hl of beer were brewed and sold. Only a few years later, the brewery became the third biggest brewery in the country. They were famous especially for their dark, heavy beer. Velk? Popovice brewery is a part of Plze?sk? Prazdroj Company.
- A signature restaurant "Velkopopovick? Kozlovna" was opened in the area of the brewery last year. Already sixth "Kozlovna" with attractive interior and unique, unfiltered Velkopopovick? Kozel beer on tap symbolically concludes the first part of the new visitor tour of the brewery.
- With its total sale of 9,9 millions of hectolitres during the calendar year of 2010 (including licenced productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plze?sk? Prazdroj Inc. is the prominent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plze?sk? Prazdroj Inc. is the member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller is one of the world's biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller's brand group include such important brands as Pilsner Urquell, Miller Genuine Draft, Grolsch, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and many other successful regional brands.
20 Дек. 2011