Pivnoe Delo
abbey-beer-icon

pivnoe-delo_logo5

Top articles

Journals

4-2017

Global hop market

A local alternative to mass beer suggested by independent brewers has been successful and is now altering the global market. Beer is becoming more diversified, so transnational companies have to accept the new game rules and to switch focus to young and fast growing markets. All these processes increased the demand for aroma and bitter hop as well as their acreage expansion on two continents. However now there appeared a downward trend of alcohol consumption in the world, so even special sorts can soon turn to be sufficient. In this connection the dynamic American hop market is already facing some problems. EU hop producers have become more cautious, they are not racing to exceed the demand and look forward with more confidence, judging by the contract terms. 

Hop Market in Russia

Germany still dominates the Russian market, yet over the recent two years one has been able observe a continuous success of Czech hop suppliers. Their expansion and growing popularity of hops from the United States became the drivers of supplies growth in 2016 despite the preceding modest harvest crop in the EU, as well as the factor of relative stability in 2017. In this connection, in 2017, the ratio of the varieties continued to shift towards the aroma ones, and the supplies of Magnum hop and other alpha varieties were reduced. However, the import of bitter hop pellets is partially replaced by extracts, especially from the major beer manufacturers. Total volumes of alpha acid supplies, according to our estimation, decreased by approximately 5% and returned to the level of 2015. Barth Haas Group continues dominating the hop products market; HVG also increased its weight. At the same time, Morris Hanbury significantly reduced the supplies in 2017.

China. AB InBev developing non-beer beverage categories

Over the years, Anheuser-Busch InBev has achieved a lot in the Chinese beer market. The company believes that they should go beyond the beer the time has come to ¬explore new directions of the alcohol industry.

mixxtailAccording to studies carried out by AB InBev, 70% of sales of alcoholic beverages are accounted for the beer, the remaining 30% for other types of alcohol. The company decided to enter this small niche by launching two new drinks: Charm Night (MixxTail) and JA Apple wine (Johnny Appleseed Cider).

Mixx Tail is an alcoholic cocktail with six different flavors. Charm Night will be sold in large packages for nightclubs and bars, as well as in small bottles and cans for retail chains.

сидрJA cider is more designed for women and youth of China. In recent years, the consumption of cider in the world is growing rapidly, while in China it is undergoing the stage of its formation. However, AB InBev considers 630 million of Chinese women as potential consumers of cider.

The advertising campaign of Johnny Appleseed Cider is based on three main theses: the usage of fresh apple juice, natural fermentation and a pleasant taste with refreshing bubbles.

14 Янв. 2016

Advertising

pilsena_en
gea
sidel100x100
jg
portinox

Main topics

Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in comments
Search in excerpt
Search in posts
Search in pages
Search in groups
Search in users
Search in forums
Filter by Custom Post Type
Filter by Categories
Home
Magazines
News
×