Beer market of Kazakhstan acquired both traits of East European countries and South Eastern Asia taking a transitional position between them by many criteria and consumption style. Yet there is a positive trend in beer production which differs Kazakhstan from most of the neighboring countries. The market has remained consolidated in the hands of two international players because of its small size. However, it faces dynamic processes such as fast growth of draft beer sales, up and downs of regional companies and Carlsberg Group’s ultimate expansion. Excessive mainstream segment has declined over the recent years, yet, Zhigulevskoe and national brands with regional links have yielded their positions to a range of new products. In our review special attention was paid to regional analysis of the markets. In 14 regions of Kazakhstan we compared the companies’ positions, the market price segmentation and DIOT channel development. Besides we have compared the beer market of Kazakhstan to neighboring countries. ...
Beer market of Russia 2018
- General market picture
- Foreign trade setting records
- Demography as challenge to branding
- Aged consumer
- Declining of youth brands
- Nostalgia on trend
- DIOT feels at home
- 5.0 Original is the new face of import
- Positions of Market Leaders
- Carlsberg Group
- AB InBev Efes
- AB InBev
Ukrainian beer market 2018
- Better than yesterday
- Performance by value
- Positions of Ukrainian brewers
The beer market dynamics in Russia is approaching zero, yet major brewers are divided into those who developed considerably in 2017 and those who considerably reduced their volumes. For instance, company Efes has managed to substantially extend their sales due to restrained pricing policy and activity in the modern trade. Heineken has also demonstrated an excellent performance promoted by significant increase of advertisement budgets launching a non-alcohol sort of the title brand and unusual activity in the economy market segment. Carlsberg and AB InBev have been focusing on margins and lost a market share of their inexpensive brands. Serious dependence on PET package and mass enthusiasm about Zhigulevskoe have negatively impacted the most of big regional brewers, that have been for the first time pressed by the leaders in the key sales channels, especially in Volga and Central regions. In the small business there has been a noticeable slowdown in appearing of new restaurant breweries, yet the number of craft breweries has been growing rapidly. In 2018, the beer market is likely to grow a little, while the share of AB InBev Efes may decrease due to the integration. ...
1,600 exhibitors to take part in the “World´s Leading Trade Fair for the Beverage and Liquid Food Industry”
In September 2017 drinktec will be able to boast the biggest participation figures in its over 60-year history. Around 1,600 exhibitors are expected to take part in the “World´s Leading Trade Fair for the Beverage and Liquid Food Industry”, taking place from September 11 to 15, 2017 in Munich. With the integration of SIMEI, the world´s leading international trade fair for winemaking and bottling technology, total hall space taken up by drinktec rises to over 150,000 square meters.
drinktec is the world´s leading trade fair for the beverage and liquid food industry, and as such it is the biggest global gathering of this sector—a kind of world summit. From small, family-owned firms to global players, anyone who has anything to say in the sector is putting on a presentation at drinktec 2017. The exhibitors represent the entire process chain: from the manufacture, filling and packaging of beverages and liquid food through to marketing—raw materials, beverage ingredients and logistics solutions included. Specifically drinktec 2017 encompasses the following main exhibition sections: process technology; containers/packing materials; filling and packaging technology; raw materials/ingredients; process automation; energy systems; PET technology; restaurant and catering supplies and equipment; sales promotion and marketing.
Innovations showcase and spectacular displays
drinktec is regarded as a platform for innovations. The latest solutions and entire systems are presented in Munich for the first time—and this is a unique selling point of drinktec. This trade fair is renowned for the spectacular displays put on by its exhibitors at their booths. Nothing is too much trouble for them when it comes to making a big impression with the global trade audience. For example, entire filling and packaging lines of all kinds (from low-tech to high-tech) are set up in the halls, bottles run past on conveyor belts, innovative PET bottles are produced live—just like in a real industrial set-up. And all of this is on view and in operation for trade visitors on all five days of the fair.
In 2017, for the first time, SIMEI will be an integrated component in drinktec (see also the press release on this dated August 6, 2015). Organized by the Unione Italiana Vini (UIV), “[email protected]” will have its own dedicated area in Halls C2 and C3. The spectrum of products and technologies on show at drinktec is therefore now expanded to include all areas of wine technology. This creates a globally unique platform for the international wine industry, covering not only the wine business, but also enabling visitors to look beyond their own particular field, and experience what´s new in other segments, such as the beer industry. For the exhibitors at drinktec, around 60 percent of whom also offer solutions for the wine industry, SIMEI is a chance to reach even more potential customers. And in return, the exhibitors in [email protected] can present their offerings to a global trade audience. SIMEI retains its two-year cycle, but its venue will alternate in future between Italy and Munich.
oils+fats – Home&Craft
Hall C1 at drinktec is shared with oils+fats, Europe´s only specialist trade fair for the oils and fats industry. Here, fifty exhibitors will be presenting their systems, components and auxiliary materials for the production and processing of edible oils, fats and lubricants—along with raw materials and quality control solutions. Also in Hall C1 is a new exhibition section called “Home&Craft”, which features technology and products for home brewing and microbrewing. Rounding off the displays in Hall C1 is a range of product-specific and cross-industry process technology for the beverage and liquid food industry.
Taking place for the first time as part of drinktec 2017 is PRO FachHANDEL, the leading trade fair for the German specialist trade in beverages and convenience products. PRO FachHANDEL will take up Hall B0 and the foyer of the ICM – Internationales Congress Center München, which is adjacent to the Messe München exhibition center. This trade exhibition is an opportunity for international beverage manufacturers attending drinktec as visitors to find the right trading partners for their entry into the German market. As such PRO FachHANDEL is an ideal enhancement to the offering at drinktec.
Over 70,000 trade visitors from all over the world
More than 70,000 trade visitors from all over the world and from all areas of the beverages industry will be coming to drinktec 2017. Around two-thirds of the visitors come from outside Germany. drinktec addresses the entire industry: trade professionals from the soft drinks and fruit juice industry, from brewing, from mineral water producers, dairies, the wine and sparkling wine segment, from the spirits industry, and from beverages wholesale and retail businesses. Employees from manufacturing and production make up the biggest proportion of visitors, closely followed by plant managers and CEOs. Representatives from marketing and sales have also discovered the attractions of drinktec and come along to learn about all the latest developments and trends. In 2013 this group of visitors numbered 12,000, and in 2017 that figure is expected to rise.
The key themes at drinktec 2017, which are covered in all the exhibition halls and affect almost all sections, are: energy and resource efficiency, water and energy management, hygiene and product safety and process optimization/flexibility (see also the press release on this at www.drinktec.com).
Highlights from the supporting program
• Special Area New Beverage Concepts, Hall B1: In a special exhibition area in Hall B1 manufacturers of sweeteners, colorants, ingredients, additives and flavorings, treatment agents and recipes will be presenting their new products and solutions. The “Special Area” has an open and interactive design. Product developers, brand managers as well as marketers and buyers will be able to try out new ingredients and beverage concepts at the bar, and also search the flavor providers for new ideas.
• Innovation Flow Lounge (IFL): Following its highly successful premiere in 2013, the IFL will be continued in 2017, but with a new concept: High-caliber experts will discuss the topical themes of importance for the future of the industry in the areas of product innovation, packaging and marketing. IFL and the Special Area New Beverage Concepts will have a joint space at the show, so that topics from the area of new beverage concepts, such as beverage ingredients and ideas, are also addressed and dealt with in the IFL. The IFL is targeted at product, brand and innovation managers, as well as decision-makers and managers in the fields of marketing and sales. Thanks to the interactive concept with various action modules, exchange and networking are always in the foreground, for example also at the Beverage Innovation Bar.
drinktec Forum: The Forum in Hall A2 is dedicated on all five days of the fair to key issues affecting the future of the sector. Independent experts from research and industry will be giving answers and presenting pioneering approaches and practical solutions. The focus is on themes to do with technology, production processes and automation. In cooperation with the Zentralverband Deutscher Milchwirtschaftler (German Dairy Professionals Association) the last day of the fair is dedicated to the theme of milk. There will be simultaneous interpretation (German-English) of all the lectures. Also in the Forum, on the Monday, is the careers day for the beverage professionals of tomorrow: [email protected]
• place2beer: This is the further development of the Brewers’ Meeting Place, which celebrated its successful premiere at drinktec 2013. At drinktec 2017 the place2beer in Hall B1 is sure to be a big magnet for brewers, beer lovers and all those who have anything to do with beer. And there will be plenty on offer for them here: Beer lovers can taste, free of charge, beers from all over the world and find out about the latest qualities in hops, malt and yeast, while inspecting or trying out the products for themselves. Successful brewers will tell their stories and present their beers at a live tasting. And start-ups will be presenting their innovative ideas to the international trade audience for the first time. In addition, William Reed Business Media will be organizing lectures and panel discussions on themes such as food and beer, women and beer, popular styles of beer, packaging and branding, and lots more.
• Competitions and award ceremonies: drinktec 2017 also features many competitions and award ceremonies. On the day before the start of the show, the World Championships for Beer Sommeliers will take place. The organizer is the Doemens. Also, the best beers from all over the world will be fighting it out for the title of “European Beer Star”, a competition organized by Private Brauereien Bayern e.V. (an organization of private breweries in Bavaria) and being held at drinktec for the second time. Also presented at drinktec are the “Beverage Innovation Awards” for creative and innovative ideas. The organizer is Foodbev Media.
15 мая. 2017