Beer market of Russia 2016: PET goes to draftThe beer market of Russia was warmed up by the hot summer, but the preparation for large volume PET prohibition has already impacted it negatively. The year was successful for Efes, MBC and regional producers; Carlsberg’s positions were virtually stable but AB InBev and Heineken lost a part of market share having focused on the sales profitability. The dynamics of big brands was determined by how much the companies were willing to keep the prices down or by their promotional activity. In this context the economy segment of the beer market and sales of inexpensive draft beer were increasing. The premium segment started shrinking due to license brands migrating to the mainstream segment.
Beer market of Vietnam: “Young tiger”Vietnam is one of the few big beer markets that continue to grow steadily. The beer popularity results from its low price, street consumption culture, and social motives. The outlooks of beer market as well as the Vietnamese economy inspire optimism, though the country is heavily dependent on export of goods. The state regulation can be called liberal, but the key risk for brewers is harbored in intensive rising of excise. Within TOP-4 there are two leaders, Sabeco and Heineken that grow at the fastest rates. The first company effectively employs its capacities, the second one focuses on marketing technologies. Almost 80% of the market belongs to century-old brands, yet the middle class and the youth are shifting their interest toward international premium that is growing taking share from the mainstream.
Analysis of beer market in China (on Russian)
Beer market of Ukraine: big three losing weightIn 2016, fast increase of excises and resulting price spike stood in the way of the beer market stabilization. Most of competition (as well as mass sorts) moved to the economy segment of the market. The biggest losses were incurred by the leading three, especially Obolon, which again experienced pressure after reallocation of Efes market share. However, one should already speak of TOP-4. Group Oasis CIS (PPB) became a strong player and competitor to transnational companies. Besides the net sales of many regional medium breweries look rather good and 16-fold cost reduction wholesale trade license for craft brewers opens up a possibility of rapid growth in 2017.
Go have a non-filtered lager as soon as you can; it’s going to be available in pubs until October 10
This unfiltered lager was drawn right from the tanks without any alterations and is not pasteurized. This puts high demands on pub and restaurant operators since their facilities must comply with the highest storage and beer-drawing requirements. Therefore, the unfiltered lager is offered in about one hundred carefully selected restaurant facilities all around Moravia where they are able to ensure necessary storage temperatures and much more demanding sanitation of beer pipes. All these places were awarded a certification for the highest level of beer-care.
"Unfiltered lager is especially bitter beer, which is a typical mark of all Radegast beers. Its pure aroma is slightly ester and in harmony with the malt aroma. When carefully tasted, one can taste fresh brewers' yeasts," said Ivo Ka??k, Manager of Radegast brewery, in describing the taste of the unfiltered beer.
You can recognize unfiltered Radegast lager at first sight. Its golden hue is accompanied by typical yeast turbidity. No?ovice brewmasters brewed it from a high quality variety of ?atec and Tr?ice hops, the best brewers‘ yeasts, their own malt made of Han? barleys and pure Mor?vka creek water.
The list of restaurants where unfiltered Radegast lager is on tap is listed at the website www.radegast.cz.
- Beer brewery Radegast, one of the most modern beer breweries in Czech Republic, has produced beer since 1970.
- Brewery Radegast is a member of the biggest Czech beer brewing group Plze?sk? Prazdroj, Inc. since 1999.
- With total sales of nearly 10 million hectoliters during the calendar year of 2010 (including licensed products abroad) and with exports to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plze?sk? Prazdroj Inc. is the prominent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plze?sk? Prazdroj Inc. is the member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world's biggest beer brewing companies, with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller's brand group includes such important brands as Pilsner Urquell, Miller Genuine Draft, Grolsch, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and many other successful regional brands.
6 Oct. 2011