Beer market of Russia 2016: PET goes to draftThe beer market of Russia was warmed up by the hot summer, but the preparation for large volume PET prohibition has already impacted it negatively. The year was successful for Efes, MBC and regional producers; Carlsberg’s positions were virtually stable but AB InBev and Heineken lost a part of market share having focused on the sales profitability. The dynamics of big brands was determined by how much the companies were willing to keep the prices down or by their promotional activity. In this context the economy segment of the beer market and sales of inexpensive draft beer were increasing. The premium segment started shrinking due to license brands migrating to the mainstream segment.
Beer market of Vietnam: “Young tiger”Vietnam is one of the few big beer markets that continue to grow steadily. The beer popularity results from its low price, street consumption culture, and social motives. The outlooks of beer market as well as the Vietnamese economy inspire optimism, though the country is heavily dependent on export of goods. The state regulation can be called liberal, but the key risk for brewers is harbored in intensive rising of excise. Within TOP-4 there are two leaders, Sabeco and Heineken that grow at the fastest rates. The first company effectively employs its capacities, the second one focuses on marketing technologies. Almost 80% of the market belongs to century-old brands, yet the middle class and the youth are shifting their interest toward international premium that is growing taking share from the mainstream.
Analysis of beer market in China (on Russian)
Beer market of Ukraine: big three losing weightIn 2016, fast increase of excises and resulting price spike stood in the way of the beer market stabilization. Most of competition (as well as mass sorts) moved to the economy segment of the market. The biggest losses were incurred by the leading three, especially Obolon, which again experienced pressure after reallocation of Efes market share. However, one should already speak of TOP-4. Group Oasis CIS (PPB) became a strong player and competitor to transnational companies. Besides the net sales of many regional medium breweries look rather good and 16-fold cost reduction wholesale trade license for craft brewers opens up a possibility of rapid growth in 2017.
New Semi-Dark Beer From Radegast Is Bitter Just Right
Radegast Gloomy Bitter continues the tradition of the successful, limited edition Extra Bitter lager that the brewery has already brewed twice. ”The good taste and excellent bitterness are attributes that Radegast fans expect from their beer. The semi-dark lager fulfils these requirements to the fullest; moreover, it is has a pleasant malt taste and rich amber colour. Gloomy Bitter is definitely one of the bitterest semi-dark beers in our country,” said Ivo Ka??k, manager of Radegast brewery.
Radegast Gloomy Bitter is being introduced to the market by the brewery as a seasonal product. Pub keepers will have it on draught across the entire Moravia region. The list of participating pubs is available at www.radegast.cz. The bottled beer will also be available in stores.
The semi-dark lager will be launched in a nontraditional way at several places in Moravia. In selected pubs, members of extra league teams from V?tkovice, T?inec, and Zl?n, and the premiere league team from Olomouc will serve the beer to fans for the first time. The first event will take place in Ostrava pub Assen on Wednesday, December 5th, at 6:00 pm, when Michal Barinka, Ond?ej Roman, and Roman Szturc will start draughting the beer.
Notes for editors:
- One of the most modern Czech breweries, Radegast has been producing beer since 1970.
- Radegast brewery has been a part of the Plze?sk? Prazdroj comp. since 1999.
- With total sales of nearly 9.9 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licensed production abroad) and with exports to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plze?sk? Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plze?sk? Prazdroj Inc. is a member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. The SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
3 Dec. 2012