Beer market of Russia 2018
- General market picture
- Foreign trade setting records
- Demography as challenge to branding
- Aged consumer
- Declining of youth brands
- Nostalgia on trend
- DIOT feels at home
- 5.0 Original is the new face of import
- Positions of Market Leaders
- Carlsberg Group
- AB InBev Efes
- AB InBev
Ukrainian beer market 2018
- Better than yesterday
- Performance by value
- Positions of Ukrainian brewers
The beer market dynamics in Russia is approaching zero, yet major brewers are divided into those who developed considerably in 2017 and those who considerably reduced their volumes. For instance, company Efes has managed to substantially extend their sales due to restrained pricing policy and activity in the modern trade. Heineken has also demonstrated an excellent performance promoted by significant increase of advertisement budgets launching a non-alcohol sort of the title brand and unusual activity in the economy market segment. Carlsberg and AB InBev have been focusing on margins and lost a market share of their inexpensive brands. Serious dependence on PET package and mass enthusiasm about Zhigulevskoe have negatively impacted the most of big regional brewers, that have been for the first time pressed by the leaders in the key sales channels, especially in Volga and Central regions. In the small business there has been a noticeable slowdown in appearing of new restaurant breweries, yet the number of craft breweries has been growing rapidly. In 2018, the beer market is likely to grow a little, while the share of AB InBev Efes may decrease due to the integration. ...
“Catalogue of Russian Beer Producers 2018” includes 1070 businesses ranging from large subsidiaries of international companies to rather small restaurant and craft microbreweries.The catalogue includes 32 large breweries, 75 regional breweries, 693 industrial mini- and microbreweries as well as 270 restaurant breweries. ...
New Semi-Dark Beer From Radegast Is Bitter Just Right
Radegast Gloomy Bitter continues the tradition of the successful, limited edition Extra Bitter lager that the brewery has already brewed twice. ”The good taste and excellent bitterness are attributes that Radegast fans expect from their beer. The semi-dark lager fulfils these requirements to the fullest; moreover, it is has a pleasant malt taste and rich amber colour. Gloomy Bitter is definitely one of the bitterest semi-dark beers in our country,” said Ivo Ka??k, manager of Radegast brewery.
Radegast Gloomy Bitter is being introduced to the market by the brewery as a seasonal product. Pub keepers will have it on draught across the entire Moravia region. The list of participating pubs is available at www.radegast.cz. The bottled beer will also be available in stores.
The semi-dark lager will be launched in a nontraditional way at several places in Moravia. In selected pubs, members of extra league teams from V?tkovice, T?inec, and Zl?n, and the premiere league team from Olomouc will serve the beer to fans for the first time. The first event will take place in Ostrava pub Assen on Wednesday, December 5th, at 6:00 pm, when Michal Barinka, Ond?ej Roman, and Roman Szturc will start draughting the beer.
Notes for editors:
- One of the most modern Czech breweries, Radegast has been producing beer since 1970.
- Radegast brewery has been a part of the Plze?sk? Prazdroj comp. since 1999.
- With total sales of nearly 9.9 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licensed production abroad) and with exports to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plze?sk? Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plze?sk? Prazdroj Inc. is a member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. The SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
3 Дек. 2012